Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Dedicated to the best thread on Etsy!

A few months ago, I rediscovered Etsy. Sure, I'd made the odd purchase here and there over the last few years but never really did it interest me as a seller. Moving overseas to a country where they are yet to establish true craft markets (correct me if I'm wrong but I've searched!), suddenly Etsy was the way to go for someone who couldn't be bothered sitting down for a month to create a website.
A month or two ago, I discovered the forums. And a few weeks ago, I discovered the best thread on Etsy, started by the wonderful mikiep.

I thought that I would dedicate this post to all the wonderful people and their stores that I have met on this thread. You guys are just "rad"!

(Disclaimer: Use of "rad" and "super mega ninja" is solely due to influence from Chris @ StoverTileAndDesigns)



mikiep - Ever elusive (to me anyway!), full of great advice, and does the most whimsical illustrations on Etsy.


RavenX - mikiep's lovelier half, her store Dirty Pretty Things stocks the most delicious scented candles on Etsy.




YouniquelyChic - The super rad ninja Etsy guru who knows everything about Etsy, marketing, crystal jewelry, photography...you name it, she can probably do it!




StoverTileandDesigns - Chris makes the most amazing granite creations in the Etsy community. My man doesn't know yet, but we are hauling back a beautiful Blue Paradise cheese platter from the States. We give Chris the sole credit of reviving the word 'Rad'.




yarn2spin - Stocks yarn, and lots of it! Check out her blog for cute angora rabbits. They are adorable! Pssst: Her other store here is having a crazy sale right now ;)


DavidBurnsSmith - Artist extraordinaire! You have to see his Five of Cups paintings - definitely a collector's item.




SatinDolly - A polymer clay artist, and also the one behind our new team, Etsy Global. Her polymer clay rose creations are simply outstanding.



RachaelsGarden- Karen is a talented painter and creator as evidenced by her handcrafted and painted birdhouses. Check our her store (dedicated to her daughter) of magical items of folk art paintings, and personalized keepsakes galore!





BettysOriginalKnits - Coined the term 'man yarn'. Check out her man hats and her lovely shrugs. Her hard work really shines through her creations.




inkihandmade - This girl not only spends crazy hours at school, but she does really creative sewn, crocheted, and printed works of art. Everything from tags, to bags, to artwork - an incredible store.




kiwiarts - Beth does some gorgeous artwork in the form of paintings, bracelets and glassware. She too is a ninja multitasker juggling a million things at once but manages it so well!





GalleryVittoria - Transforms beads into intricate works of art - all very wearable and so so pretty. Her seafoam green earrings are in my top 10 wanted list!





Ishycreations - Kitsch, cute and whimsical creations ranging from peanut butter jelly earrings, guitar pick necklaces and some funky paintings!




CatherinetteRings - Steampunk galore! Daniel makes some intricate and eye popping handcrafted rings that are the standout of this store and there is just soooo many to choose from.


Last but not least... SimplieGirlie - Absolutely adorable baby wear, if I have a little girl she would be wearing some of these to die for pinafores!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow...what a lovely blog. Thank you so much. You are very talented as well...and I'm so glad we are becoming friends/team mates =)

Raven said...

How SUPER SWEET are YoU?? Thank you so very much for blogging about me and the "elusive" Mikiep. :)
We love that you thought of us.

...And, so sorry that we've both been M.I.A. lately. We have an art show in downtown Los Angeles on April 18th & 19th and have been getting ready for that.

Hope to chat with you soon, Sweets!
xxx

Melody said...

Great post. Love all the great items you've posted :) I even found a couple I hadn't run across yet! Thanks so much for including me. See ya in the forums :)

slosurfer said...

All I can say is "wow, that's rad!!!" Awesome blog and list of artists, and thank you for including me on your list. :) One of these days I'll get over there and hit the slopes with you. That will be rad. ;)

David Burns Smith said...

It is an honor to be included on your list. Thank you so much! This is a great list.

Kiwi Arts said...

Wow!! I feel so special - thank you!!! This was so sweet of you! Imagine the relationships we have formed in one little ole forum Mikiep started - THANK YOU Mikiep, for nurturing some true friendships. I have learned so much from everyone on this thread and have laughed my butt off! OUTLOUD! :-) You guys are totally the coolest RAD crew! :-)
Hugs! Beth

Youniquely Chic said...

Oh thank you so much! This is truly one of the best blog posts I've ever read, so generous of you! Wow, our little thread has come a long way hasn't it? I love what you said about me! You Rock!!

See you there!!

BettyMarieJones said...

Thank you so much, Trish! You are such a sweetie! I am honored to be included among such talented people.

www.rachaelsgarden.etsy.com said...

OK, you know me well - I am sooooo far behind and just saw this today! You are awesome and a sweetheart - a great group of artists and friends all meeting together from Mikiep's thread - how cool is that! I have learned so much and have had soooo many laughs:) Thank you again - awesome blog and (((HUGS)))) to you:)
Karen